Sunday 16 October 2016

Weekend Fun!

Hello all,

I had a hard decision to make this weekend do I do some school work, do some housework or do some scrapbooking - well guess which one won? Yep you're right the house is a mess, school can wait but I made two layouts. I am on a quest to use up as much of my stash as I can, however, I did order some new Simple Stories Posh collection this week as I just couldn't resist!

For my first layout I rummaged through my draw of blue/green papers and found some older pieces from Pebbles and Scenic Route that matched really well plus some old stickers from Jillibean Soup and made a layout about the boys getting their learner's permit. I started with making a background with some Shimmerz Vibezs (Jeni B Blue and Deep Blue Sea) and some Aqua Hues (Crazy Daisy, Green with Envy and Blue Moon) but didn't like how the page buckled so I decided to punch hexagons out of it and use them as the new background. I quite like the way it turned out.

For my second layout I used some Maggie Holmes Bloom products that I have been hoarding. I stitched the cute bird paper to some cardstock and then watered down a Shimmerz Dazzler (Pucker Up Pink) and painted it onto the page where the photo was going. Then I stencilled with some more of the Dazzler for extra texture.

Then came the layering and playing with all the pretty embellishments. I'm really proud of my little garden and all the pretty blooms that are in it this year. It is such a splash of colour and it brightens my soul when I look at it.

Well that's it for now. The house is calling and I must go and do a bit of work.

Take care and happy crafting,

love Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment