Sunday 14 October 2018

Unity Stamp Blog Hop

Hello everyone,



The GIU (Growing in Unity Gals) from July and August are hosting a blog hop this weekend and I'm very excited to be taking part. Well I say I'm excited but when I was making my card my son may have said something else as I wasn't very happy! Everything was going wrong, embossing didn't melt properly, stamping was blurry, watercolour splashed badly but perseverance won out! I finally created a card that I'm happy with.

I used some Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals and Color Bursts to create my watercolour background (I had to do this three times!). Then I stamped and heat embossed the floral heart from the Being Who You Are -KOM February 2018 set. After throwing out the first heart as the embossing started to come off I tried again and then I had to fussy cut it out as I blurred the embossing of the sentiment I used, also from the KOM set. It was not a good crafting day! Interestingly enough, I much prefer my final card than the one I was trying to create in the first place, it's funny how this works out when you are paper crafting. Here is what the card looks like:
 To finish off I stamped 3 little hearts from the same set and cut them out carefully too. Some washi tape, black thread and gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine and the card is finished. I hope you like it.

Please hop on over to the other blogs and leave a comment so that you are in the running for a prize.

1. Jennifer Mitten https://jenmitten.blogspot.com/
2. Jeanie Marie Hays https://thewashihorse.blogspot.com/
3. Denise Sayers https://thecraftyledger.blog/

4. Sue Nagata https://foleysfriend.blogspot.com/
5. Aimee Phillips https://aimeesstampingadventures.blogspot.com/
6.Helen Smit https://helenmazengarb.blogspot.com/             THIS IS ME!!
7.Jo Avery https://dottypuddingdesigns.blogspot.com/
8. Teresa Godines https://purplebunnypapercrafts.blogspot.com/


Thanks for stopping by.
Take care and happy crafting,
Helen xx

22 comments:

  1. In the end, your card turned out beautifully. The colors look wonderful and I really like that black thread behind the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you have used. I did not see the stamp but reading I see it was a kotm stamp so I did not recognize it but then Unity has so many stamps and I am always seeing something new. This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love the sparkle. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. bold colours and shimmery....love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had a bad start but it turned out perfectly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your final result is great - such a vibrant colour

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I end up with a crap ton of junk and it comes together to make a masterpiece. Your card is gorgeous and you should be very proud of it. The colors used are great together! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed fussy cutting. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes those negative creative days can turn into the most positive. Your created card is most wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perseverance prevails. And thats creativity...some days it just happens, other days you try try again or walk away and come back and try again. It turned out beautiful. I love the colors, those little hearts, and design. Great job. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Helen! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card came out beautiful! Love the color of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I think we’ve all been there... so glad you kept going! Your card turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Success! Been there, done that! I love how this turned out and you reminded me that I’ve never inked up this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to persevere! Love your card and it's shimmery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Helen! Those days just get to you, right? Sorry you had a tough one. The heart image stamp is so beautiful. I’m glad it came together for you. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what an amazing card! I really like the blend of colors! I also like that touch of glitter all over it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely! I love the sparkle and shimmer, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the
    colors in your
    heart! Gorgeous.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete