Tuesday 11 April 2017

Growing in Unity - Day 2

Hi all,

Welcome back and I hope you had a wonderful Monday. I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm having a lovely time, not only am I enjoying bringing my stamping goodness to you but I am currently on holiday in the gorgeous seaside town of Dunsborough in the south west of Western Australia.

Today's project:

I started out with a white piece of card and inked around the edges with 3 different pink colours from Tim Holtz's Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick. I used the little heart from the March 2016 Kit of the Month: A Chance to Change and stamped it randomly in the inked area, just for some added interest. In the centre I stamped this cute owl and the quote from the January 2013 Kit of the Month: All Hearts & Love (not sure if you can get this KOTM anymore but they sell these stamps as a set and that is what I've linked you to). I coloured them in with some markers and then used some Glossy Accents over the 'Be Mine'. A simple but effective one layer card.

Well that's it for today, I'm off to get Simmo's - the best ice cream around!
Take care and happy crafting,
Helen xx

27 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love how warm the pink is on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Using the glossy accents on a larger sentiment like that is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sentiment! I like your combination of pinks, the subtle hearts in the background and the cute owl. Enjoy your holiday you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment and the beautiful stamp. Have a great day GIU friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who says "Be Mine" is only for Valentines.....not me...great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love owls and hearts so cute! Love it! ❤❤ thanks for sharing with us all, see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty in pink card.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love this owl card... cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!! The pinks and sentiment make it SWEET!!! PS Australia & Ice Cream ~ sounds amazing!!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow, thanks Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owl are my favorite! You can never go wrong with an Owl card. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the owl, and love how you shaded around him to highlight him. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Australia! Wow. My son sang all up and down the coast, but I've never been. Maybe I'll live long enough. And great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card made me smile 😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like how soft the card looks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like how soft the card looks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Love how you used varying shades of ink and the heart stamp for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just enough color to make other pop. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a special spot in my heart for owls! And those glasses! SWOON

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very cute card! Love the heart shaped glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Owls and hearts go together perfectly! Two of my favorite things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great one layer card! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete