Sunday 3 December 2017

The Studio Challenges Design Team

Hello all,

I have great news, I am now a design team member for The Studio Challenges site!! I'm very excited to be part of the team and thankful that Anna asked me.

My first challenge starts today and it is a sketch challenge. Here is my take of the sketch:


This is the sketch for the challenge:

To make my page, I started with choosing my photos and then the large horizontal piece of patterned paper from the sketch, it comes form the Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper Bloom collection. As I was looking at the colours in the photos I thought that kraft card stock would make a good background and then I though some white stencilling would add some nice details. Before long I had made the page and was adding gold Heidi Shine (Heidi Swapp Colour Shine) and some puffy hearts to finish off. This is a great sketch to work with and I had a lot of fun making my first page for the Studio Challenges team.

Well that's it for now, I'm off to create some more.
Take care and happy crafting,
Helen xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! I really love this layout with the kraft paper. I ever wanted to try this, too, but... I don't know why I haven't done it right now... ;-)
    Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise, you should give it a go soon. I found it fun to use a different background rather than my normal white.

    ReplyDelete