Saturday 27 July 2013

I've been playing . . .

Hi all,

I still chuckle when I start with this as I'm not that sure many people are actually reading my blog but I live in hope that someone or another is actually following along on my creative journey  . . . . Hi Annette and Marita!

Well this last week has seen the return to school, Term 3 for us in the land down under. I do not really have a huge countdown ticking off the days until I catch a plane first to Surabuya (school trip to East Java) and the days after my return another plane on my way to the UK with Mum, just a little countdown!!! Getting excited as I only have 39 teaching days left until February next year . . . you just have to love long service.

I have finalised my classes for the UK, I am going to complete a class with Dyan Reavely YEAH can't wait, then I have a two day workshop at the Newlyn School of Art on abstract art. So my long service trip will be both touristy and arty!!

Anyway, this week I have been spending my nights working on my travel journal for the UK. I am using a Simple Stories Snap album and the Urban Traveller range. Here is a little look at the front cover and the first divider inside.


Last weekend I participated in a class taught by Jen from Dusty Attic, at Made With Memories, and she showed me an ATC she had made with the chipboard zip from her store. Well this got me inspired and I promptly bought the zip and then this afternoon I created this layout about Ben. It isn't often I complete pages about Ben as he doesn't particularly like his photo taken, so when I get a good one, like this one, I just have to do something with it.

I've used my old faves and new faves on this page. In particular, Lindy Stamp Gang's Cattail Copper Brown and Afternoon Delight Denim starburst sprays and Viva Decor Ferro - Blackberry, and lots of chipboard and wood bits from Dusty Attic and Prima. Here are some close ups followed by the layout, please excuse the lighting but I just had to upload it as I like it so much and I couldn't wait for tomorrow and better natural light.
 

What the photos don't really show is the dimensionality of the layout and how the zip is raised with all the embellishments popping out. I tried to make the piece look like a hoodie with it's own breast pocket.

While Facebook perusing last night I saw Donna Downey's photo of her and Dyan Reaveley and just had to comment as I am taking classes with both of these super talented ladies in a matter of months. As I said earlier I am booked in with Dyan at Art From The Heart in Harrogate, UK in October and I am partaking in 2 days of workshops with Donna at Made With Memories in Rockingham, WA (my local scrapbook store) in late August. I'm one lucky arty lady:)

Well that's all for tonight,
take care everyone,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment