Sunday 26 January 2014

Australia Day Weekend Fun

Hello,
it is Australia Day here in the land down under and I have been lucky enough to have some art time. Yesterday I spent a great day at my friend Pascale's house and we both created a journal page. We started with the same inspiration but ended up with 2 different pages, fantastic, I love it how we all can interpret things in our own way. Here is my journal page:

After coming home from Pascale's Sam (my son) and I went to the speedway to watch my 2 nephews compete in the demolition derby. We had a great night, Sam and I love the noise, the cars and especially the crashes! After returning home I prepped a new page in my journal. First I covered it randomly with some type of jointing tape I purchased from Donna Downey's store a year or so ago and then went around the edges of the tape with heavy body gesso. When I got to my craft room today I started work on the background and it began taking shape. It became a lot more abstract than my usual style but I really like it. Here it is:
Well that's it for now . . .  I should really start the things I have to do such as class samples and my school work seeing as school starts again next week, the summer holidays are coming to an end but maybe there's time for one last page . . . . .

Take care,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment