Sunday 28 June 2015

Art Journalling Teaching Update

Hi all,

This weekend we had a V.I.P. night at Made With Memories and I taught a make and take based on a Gelatos and gesso tag. I wanted to work out a way of making Gelatos permanent, I tried the Design Memory Craft glaze but didn't want the glossy finish but then I watched a video on You Tube where the lady was activating Inktense pencils with gesso and I figured it would work with Gelatos and it did!  The background was created by colouring in with Gelatos and then mixing in gesso to each colour to make a paint. Here is the tag:

My art journal class I'm teaching in August is based on this Gelatos and gesso idea. Here is a sneak peak of part of the page.

I've been on sick leave for the last month and a half after a foot operation and haven't taught an art journal class since May, I'm looking forward to my next class in July. Here is a sneak peak of the page:

Well that's it for tonight, but I'll leave you with a photo of me teaching at the V.I.P. night. I've recently coloured my hair, it's a lot darker than I've been for years and my sons don't like it, they think I should be blonde!

Take care and have fun crafting,
Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment